Followers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Grandpa Ball

He fought the fight & finished his race (as the Apostle Paul writes) this past week, last Thursday to be exact.

What a man... I've never really mat someone who combines gentleness & firmness together the way he did. He was a GREAT man that is for sure. My grandfather, grandpa George, on my dad's side of the family died nearly 20 - 25 years ago. My mom's mom, Grandma Ball, passed approximately 15 years ago.

I feel that everytime a person from my grandfather's generation passes we REALLY lose a BIG piece of history. Imagine what their lives used to be like compared to today...no television, no cable tv, no cell phones, not even telephones the way we have them today, the cars were nothing like today, education, $$, you name it...
...but it seems, with stories & pictures that life was a lot more simple back then. Wow..was a generation. We can really learn a lot from those of this generation that are still alive.....they amaze me.

PG

No comments: